January 31, 2022 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Todos Medical has closed a Phase 2 trial of its antiviral 3CL protease inhibitor Tollovir after getting positive interim data.
Todos Medical (TOMDF:OTCQB) announced positive interim data for its antiviral 3CL protease inhibitor Tollovir in its Phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of critically hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
The drug met the study’s primary goal of reducing time to clinical improvement and also met several other key goals, including reducing the overall number of COVID-19 deaths, Todos Medical and joint venture partner NLC Pharma Ltd. said.
Because of the positive data, Todos Medical has formally closed the Phase 2 trial. Tollovir will now also be permitted on a compassionate use basis at Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem.
“The recent emergence of the Omicron variant has been pushing healthcare systems to the brink of collapse,” said Dr. Dorit Arad, founder and chief technology officer of NLC Pharma. “Tollovir could be an incredibly powerful tool to reduce death and stabilize patients faster, thereby reducing their recovery time from this debilitating disease. Tollovir will help flatten the curve by freeing up hospital capacity to see more patients and perform other more routine non-COVID related hospital treatments.”
Todos Medical President and Chief Executive Officer Gerald E. Commissiong said the companies were in the process of fine tuning clinical study protocols for additional studies needed for emergency use.
“We have already begun preparing manufacturing for commercial quantities of Tollovir so that we will be able to deliver shipments in jurisdictions where we expect to be granted accelerated Emergency Use Authorization (EUA),” Commissiong said. “Our goal is to immediately target EUA in jurisdictions that will require limited additional clinical data.”
Tollovir is also being developed for the treatment of pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations, moderate to severe adult outpatient COVID-19, moderate to severe pediatric outpatient COVID-19, adult Long COVID, and pediatric Long COVID, Commissiong said.
According to one sector expert, the “future appears very bright for TOMDF investors.” Click here for additional insight from Vision and Value.
1) Steve Sobek compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Todos Medical. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Streetwise Reports for this article. Streetwise Reports was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this article. Streetwise Reports requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Reports relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Reports has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com